Add a bit of autumn spice to coffee, whiskey and rum cocktails, tea, or lattes!
1.5 cups brown sugar
2.5 cups cold water
1 tbsp nutmeg
1 tbsp whole cloves
2 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp vanilla extract (or 2 vanilla beans, if you can find them)
1. Add sugar, spiced and vanilla to large saucepan
2. Add cold water, stir until combined
3. Bring mixture to boil, stir until sugar dissolves. Boil for 15-20 minutes (mixture might try to boil over - just lift pot off heat and then return).
4. Reduce heat to low-medium, cover and simmer for 20-30 mins, until mixture thickens
5. Remove from heat, let cool and transfer to heatproof container or bottle