Peanut butter and chocolate is always, and forever, one of the best flavour combos. Don't deny it. These are halfway between a brownie and a peanut butter cookie, so you're welcome.
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup semisweet chocolate
3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp milk
Preheat oven to 350, line a 8x12 baking dish with parchment paper (butter any exposed area)
1. Cream sugars and butter with electric or stand mixer.
2. Add eggs and peanut butter, mix until smooth (a few lumps are fine)!
3. Combine dry ingredients separately, add to main bowl gradually while mixing.
4. Spread mixture in baking dish, flatten with fingers if necessary.
For chocolate topping
5. In a double boiler, melt butter.
6. Add milk and chocolate chips
7. Stir until melted.
8. Pour over blondie batter, spread as far to edges as you'd like (I like to leave a little room on the edges so you get those perfect crispy edge pieces, and to test baking time)
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until edges are light golden brown.
10. Cool, slice and serve.