This might be too good. Like... “eat-more-than-you-should-but-feel-ok-about-it-because-at-least-there-are-veggies-in-it?” kind of good.
3 beets, stems and leaves removed
Salt & Pepper
1 leek, finely chopped
200g goat cheese
5 large leaves basil
170g Asiago cheese
1.5 tbsp toasted ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Wrap beets together in aluminum foil with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about an hour, until a fork pokes easily through. Set aside to cool, then peel using a paper towel to rub skin off.
- Turn oven down to 350
- Chop finely, toss with a bit of olive oil and S&P, Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients (only half of the Asiago). Add 2 .5 cups of beets (depending on the size of your beets, you may have leftovers. Feel free to use as garnish, or eat as is for a healthy snack).
- in a large, shallow oven-safe dish, spread mixture evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining asiago cheese on top
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning half way through, until cheese is completely melted and turning golden. Serve warm.