This might be my favourite desert to date - the pluots are just slightly tart, and combined with the caramel and buttery crumb it's just the most comforting thing ever. Pre-caramelizing makes the filling less liquidy, more sticky and indulgent. So. Dang. Good.
4 large pluots or sweet plums, sliced thinly
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350
2.Butter a 9x13 baking dish
3. Melt butter in a wide, deep pan. Add brown sugar
4. Stir butter, sugar, cinnamon and salt together, add plums.
5. Bring mixture to a low boil, let cook for 5-10 minutes until caramel is smooth and plums are soft.
6. Combine crumb ingredients in a bowl until crumbs form.
7. Create a 1/4 inch crumb later in baking dish
8. Scoop pluot slices into baking dish creating an even layer.
9. Set aside excess caramel sauce - it's great as extra topping or on ice cream!
10. Top with a 1/2 inch crumb later
11. Bake for 30-40 mins, or until crumb layer is golden brown.
12. Serve warm, maybe with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top?