Sweet, bright, savoury, warm, yummy. Enjoy!
3lbs pork loin
2 tbsp butter
Salt + pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp nutmeg
1 large red onion, chopped into chunks
5-6 small apples cut into half-inch cubes
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
4 stalks of celery, sliced
1 cup of dried cranberries
For the sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
400ml crushed tomatoes
½ cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp worchestershire sauce
2 tsp ground mustard seed
3 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp nutmeg
1 tsp cloves
2 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp chili powder
2 bay leaves
2 cinnamon sticks
1. Heat a large, non-stick pan with butter on medium-high heat
2. Pat pork dry on both sides, sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika, and nutmeg. Add to pan, in two batches if necessary. Sear on both sides until brown (about a minute on each side). Add to slow cooker.
3. Add chopped veggies to slow cooker
4. Combine sauce ingredients, stir until combined.
5. Pour sauce evenly into slow cooker
6. Top with bay leaves and cinnamon sticks
7. Set slow cooker to low for 8 hours
9. At 7 hours, remove pork and shred with 2 forks. Add back into slow cooker and stir everything together.
10. Remove + serve (preferably with warm bread and butter... yum)!